Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thanks to Articulate Support My Articulate Presenter Preview Problem Has Been Resolved


You may remember my previous post in which I mentioned that I've been having a bit of a problem with Articulate Presenter. In particular, I could use Presenter to develop content, but I couldn't preview my content before publishing it. Anyhow, thanks to Articulate Support, you'll be pleased to know that the problem has now been fixed.

For just over a week, a large number of email were exchanged between Articulate Support and myself as we tried to figure out what the problem was. I must admit, Articulate Support were fantastic. They were really quite attentive and seemed to be genuinely interested in trying to help me. Anyhow, we did the email ping pong thing for over a week until we reached a point where we seemed to be running out of options so one of their senior customer support engineers suggested we organise a virtual meeting.

So that's what we did. We had a virtual meeting last Tuesday morning from 8am until about 10.35am. The engineer was very professional and seemed to know his stuff. Suffice to say, by the end of it I was tired but relieved because although we hadn’t found an answer to my problem, we had found a clever way around the problem. To cut a long story short, after extensive testing by Articulate, it appears that my user account has somehow been compromised. We know this to be the case because we created a new user, logged in as that user and successfully previewed Articulate Presenter content whereas I wasn't able to preview content when accessing Articulate Presenter by way of my old user account.

So, since my old user account has somehow been compromised, from now on I'm going to start using my new user account instead . I'll keep the old one just in case. Mind you, I've got a bit of work ahead of me moving all the stuff from Outlook in my old user account to Outlook in my new user account. However, as far as I'm concerned, it's just a minor inconvenience. The important thing for me is that I can now preview in Articulate Presenter.

No comments:

Post a Comment